26 March 2006

La Leche

Well Lucy and Ethel are back at it. Make sure you read the previous post before this one.

We are now in Andalucia, Southern Spain in the province of Málaga. Our new home is in Alpandeire and we are working with animals. After only two days the owners left us to milk goats by ourselves.What confidence! When we walked in the first day, Syl´s first comment was the "Simple Life" but you should see her now she can handle four at once

So Lucy and Ethel were down in the pit with the utter suckers while Fred (Mateo) went into the barn to wrestle up the goats. 400 of them. Sometimes he would be in the barn with the door closed then the door would come flying open and Mateo would come storming from one end of the room to the other trying to get the baby´s and keep the males out. We almost milked a male as Mateo tried to hustle him into the stall but Francisco hollered "huevos" so we let him go. Luckily we´re not milking by hand but have you ever tried to attach anything to a goat. We get kicked quite often and the goats scream when they don´t want to come into the milking room. Our clothes are filthy when we leave but we get quite a bit of goat milk.

The pueblo is great and the family we are living with are equally wonderful. For the next couple of weeks we should get pretty good with goats.

Joronda

11 comments:

rafiq said...

allhumdulillah

I was getting worried about you guys, didnt see a update in almost a month.

rafiq said...

you guys are ok,
get back we need more married people to hang out with.

and find a wife for nazeef and akif while your in spain

Anonymous said...

Milk it, Milk it, Milk... Moo psi Moo 4 life baby!

Anonymous said...

Got Milk???? Dang I'm glad to hear from you guys.

Anonymous said...

Milk is chillin, Mateo is chillin... what more can I say????

Top billin!

Anonymous said...

Hey - Looky here.....we need some new pics to ogle at. BTW - I forgot to sign my name when I asked if you "Got Milk". Tira

Anonymous said...

I can't marry any of them unless they were are affiliated with MSA............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Anonymous said...

which one of you is lucy? where is ricky? you are a riot....the "visual" is hilarious!! you'd better copyright this stuff!!!
it's fantastic.....exceptional! two thumbs up!!! no kidding!! i'm getting the hang of this now!!! love, mom

Anonymous said...

Missing you Joronda! I have been very entertained by this incredible journey you and Mateo are taking all of us on. I'm looking forward to seeing new pictures soon. It feels like you are getting closer to home...

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else. This is an amazing trip that you are on. I hope that you enjoy milking goats. At the restaurant I work at now, we use goat cheese. I will try to think of you milking Spanish goats every time I see it from now on.

Anonymous said...

Hey, kids! I'm loving all this new info I'm learning. We miss you guys...I can't wait to see this movie! Comedy, romance, and some whole other stuff rolled up into one. We love you! God Bless...

Torre