03 October 2005

10 baht, 20 baht...800 baht

Day two and what an adventure so far. We tried to sleep around what would be 12pm Arizona time and amid the banging, loud voices and thunder I can't say it was peaceful. I think some how we ended up in a Thai prostitution guest house, or at least that's what my mind lead me to believe. We headed to the room quite early so the party had yet to begin. About 3am it was on. Mateo didn't hear much but scary me I sat up several times guarding our room. Even though I installed the alarm system (a dream catcher wind chime looped around the security latch at the top of the door) I still didn't want some one with a key inviting themselves in. Eventually I did get some sleep and thank goodness because we needed to be alert for this mornings tests. So as we emerged from the Euro Inn ready to eat, take pictures and tour a bit we were lucky enough to be approached by one of the many tuk tuk drivers parked on the street. He offered to give us a grand tour of the city for 10 baht ($.25). Why not, and off we went. After seeing big buddah and lucky buddah the driver was ready for us to tour his favorite friends shops. Not what we were looking for, but this guy was trying to get free gas for our purchases. We're not complaining about his hustle but unfortunately he picked up the wrong two backpackers. We don't have 8000 baht to spend on a suit and since Mateo's trying to get rid of underwear we certainly don't have the space to carry that much weight. Well to briefly fill you in on the close of this story we returned to Khao San Road where we started, paid the driver, acosted him for our change and ate Pad Thai Noodles for breakfast...15 baht. What a morning for a total of $.75

Joronda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salaams to all. See why I say "take me camping at the Four Seasons. Pitch my tent there." sounds like you guys are having your kind of fun. Hang in there.